Water is essential for our existence. 70 percent of the earth is covered with it, but out of 70-percent, only one-third is consumable. The fast-growing population and the industrialization keep increasing the rate of polluting the water by lots of actions like the waste of chemicals, and toxins add through the factories outlet, etc. This action has led the water to be very contaminated and inconsumable as it causes a lot of diseases and is also harmful to human life. Around 70 to 80-percent of health diseases are caused by impure water only. This life-threatening issue makes you want to follow the treatment actions to fight back. Purification is the best and most recommendable action of water treatment which gives you clean, safe and pure water to consume. This is why today we will be sharing some information about the best house water filter systems.
What to consider when choosing the best whole house water filter system
- Flow rate – measured in gallons per minute (GPM), flow rate determines the amount of water available to best run your shower, water heater, toilet, dishwasher, etc. When calculating your requirements check out the demand ratings printed on all your appliances and toilet. Typical showerheads flow 2.5 – 5 gpm, toilet five gpm, dishwasher three gpm. Depending on the size of your house and family your flow rate requirements may range from 15 to 40 gpm. A whole house filter system with less than 10 gpm flow rate is unacceptable for maintaining the best uninterrupted, and comfortable pressure during use.
- Filter size – the larger the filter, the longer the service interval you will have, and the more it will eventually flow together with higher pressure. However, port size has a more significant effect on GPM as well as pressure. The best for most houses is 4.5inch x 20inch. However large houses may require the 25 gpm flow rate and 1.5inch ports found in the largest Nelsen SP3 system.
- Filter life – sediment filtration system life will always vary depending on the sediment quality and quantity. The best quality whole house 4.5inch x 20inch carbon cartridges will last 100,000 to 150,000 gallons in regular municipal supplies. A stand-alone carbon filtration system with the carbon beds, as opposed to carbon cartridges, will last much longer only and only if they have a backwashing valve and a regular backwash cycle.
- Port size – the ideal port size on a whole house water filter system is 1 inch. Even if the whole house uses ¾inch piping, using a 1 inch ported system will not create any bottlenecks when fitted onto the ¾” pipe. The best whole house water filter systems with 1inch ports and 4.5inch x 20inch filter can carry more than enough that the pressure drops are virtually non-existent throughout the whole house.
Now that we have known how to choose the best for your usage let’s delve deeper now and see the best we have in 2019.
Best Whole House Water Filter System in 2019
Here are the top best five best whole house filter systems in 2019 starting from the last to the first
- 3M AquaPure Whole House Water Filtration System (Model AP903)
Being the 5th on our list, the AP900 Series High Flow Filtration System helps to reduce contaminants protecting all appliances and plumbing fixtures throughout the whole house or light commercial or industrial applications. This whole house water filter has general features which include;
- Noncorrosive stainless steel head allows for “sweat in place” installation
- Carbon media usually best reduce chlorine taste as well as odor.
- System materials are FDA CFR-21 compliant
- High flow-rate system provides 20 gallons (75.7 liters) of water per minute; Cartridges simply twist off for replacement—no tools, no contact with filter material
- We recommend using a pre-filter system in front of this unit to trap dirt and rust
The 3M Aqua-Pure AP903 Extra Large Capacity Whole House Filtration System can filtrate throughout your whole house. This system helps reduce sediment, rust, dirt, chlorine taste and even odor. Best for whole house and city applications. This system will help to provide cleaner, clearer, and the best tasting drinking water.
- iSpring WGB22B 2-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System w/ 20-Inch Big Blue Sediment and Carbon Block Filter
The WGB22B whole house water filter system is the fourth on our list today. It is the best (point of entry) filtration system for cleaning up supplies to a whole house or business on municipal (city) water. Unlike the “point of use” systems (like reverse osmosis systems) that are installed to supply to a specific tap, the WGB22B filtrate from its source. This means the water from every output in your whole house or business will have passed through the two filtration stages of the WGB22B. So what exactly do these two stages of filtration offer?
- Filters the incoming supply for your whole house
- Removes up to 95% of all sediment, chlorine, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs and also various other contaminants
- Big Blue 20inch x 4.5inch cartridge systems will allow for minimal pressure reduction and more extended life
- High capacity polypropylene sediment filter system achieves filtration down to five microns, tested by independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI Standard
- CTO Carbon Block filter system uses the best high-quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life, verified by independent third party to meet NSF/ANSI Standard
- 1inch input and output ports handle up to 15 gallons per minute
When this filter system is used as the first stage of defense on the system, the stage 1 housing usually holds a five-microns high-capacity polypropylene sediment filter. This best removes dirt and other various larger sized particles that can clog the filters.
- Home Master HMF2SDGC- Whole House 2-Stage Water Filter with Fine Sediment & Carbon
Third on our list today is the Home Master, this filtration system is one of the best for city supplies with chlorine, chemical, sediment, taste and odor problems. For cities with chloramines consider #HMF2SmgCC whole house filter. The primary purpose of the Home Master whole house water filter is to deliver the best clean, crystal clear water to every tap and bath in your whole house without reducing down pressure. Other general features of this whole house water filter are;
- Massive housing with 1-inch ports for the highest pressure possible up to 15-Gallon per minute
- Dual gradient density replaceable sediment filter systems produce a finer filtration and greater dirt holding capacity. Filtration down to 1 micron
- 100 thousand Gallon capacity replaceable coconut shell carbon provides a whole year of filtration for a family of four
- The best purification system- removes up to 95% of sediment, chemicals, chlorine and other contaminants that create awful tastes and odors
- Oversized filters that will best improve flow rate and reduce maintenance frequency
The Home Master Filter Pressure Performance Series was designed for your beat comfort and convenience in mind. It uses oversized filter systems, housings, and 1-inch ports to ensure the best pressure.
- Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000-Gallon Whole House Water Filter with Professional Installation Kit
This whole house water filter is the second on our list today. But if you want to get cleaner and the best tasting water from every tap in your whole house by removing 97% of chlorine from the tap. Also best reduces the other harmful contaminants including; Heavy metals like lead and mercury, Organic chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, and VOCs Industrial solvents and more. This whole house water filter has features like;
- Aquasana-Rhino exceeds NSF standards by removing 97% of chlorine for up to 1 million gallons
- ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER; reduces pesticides, herbicides and other chemical compounds which may be present.
- Includes pre-filter, carbon filtration and copper-zinc stages with super standard fittings
- Using a water filtration system is one of the best things you can do to improve the indoor air quality by reducing chemicals that usually vaporize in shower steam
- The best tasting, healthy water throughout your whole house
You as well as your family will breathe best with healthier and cleaner air in your whole house. Chlorine and volatile organic chemicals (VOCs) can evaporate in shower steam, contaminating the air you breathe. TESTED AND PROVEN TO REMOVE 97% OF CHLORINE Instantly improve your indoor air quality by using a water filtrating system throughout your whole house.
- Home Master HMF2SDGC Whole House 2-Stage Water Filter with Fine Sediment and Carbon
This is by far the best whole house water filter system of 2019. It is the best for City supplies with a lot of chlorine, chemical, and sediment, taste and odor problems. For cities with chloramines consider #HMF2SmgCC. The primary purpose of the Home Master whole house water filter is to deliver the best clean, crystal clear water to every faucet and bathroom in your whole house without drawing down pressure. The best features of this whole house filtration system include;
- Massive housing with 1-inch ports for the highest pressure possible – up to 15 Gallon per minute
- Dual gradient density replaceable sediment filtration will produce finer filtration and greater dirt holding capacity. Filtration down to 1 micron
- 100,000 Gallon capacity replaceable coconut-shell carbon provides a one full year of clean water for a family of four
- The best purification; can remove up to 95% of sediment, chlorine, chemicals and other contaminants that create awful tastes and odors
- Oversize filtration improve flow rate and reduce maintenance frequency throughout your whole house.
The Home Master Filter Pressure Performance Series was designed with your comfort and convenience in mind. It uses oversized filter systems, housings, and 1-inch ports to ensure the best pressure for your whole house. Larger houses mean larger filters, which require less frequent service, which in turn saves you time, money, and inconvenience.
So we have seen the top five best whole house filters in 2019, and we have concluded that Home Master HMF2SDGC is the best of all. Regardless of its cost, this filter system is the best and worth every penny and can be used at house and work.