The life on earth began in water and transformed from it. You have a personal experience with this dependence every time you seek water to quench your thirst and also best replenish your body’s fluid content. The cells in your body are surrounded by a fluid that is mostly water, and your cells themselves range from 70 to 80 percent in water content. Water is the best biological medium here on Earth and the supporter of all the different life forms.
Our natural resources have been under a great deal of stress, as we keep battling with an ever-changing climate, pollution and all the needs of a rapidly growing population. The demand for the best quality drinking water has never been this greater
Four things to consider when choosing the best gravity water filter system;
- Construction material – You have to be sure that the gravity filter you purchase is made of stainless steel. Stainless-steel is the best quality for filters since it rust- resistant, its light hence making it portable, and is very easy to clean. In case you will be traveling more often with a gravity filter, then a stainless-steel one is best for you because the material can with-stand the wear and tear. We all know how traveling causes wear and tear of things and you do not want that for your gravity filtration system.
- The quality you need – The best quality of gravity filtration you want to do should be considered when buying the best filter. To prevent getting sick, and making the best fresh, healthy and pure water to consume you need to get a gravity filtration system that can best filter all the substances that might compromise your health. A gravity filtration system that can best filter out all dirt particles, pesticides, heavy metals, parasites, and other contaminants should be considered. This is because the water you get is of questionable quality, and if you are traveling or even visiting a new place, such a gravity filtration system is best since you are not fully informed of substances that might be in that water. For the best gravity filter, you should consider one that has ceramic media and activate carbon.
- Replacement of the gravity filter installed – like any other filtration system, the filters installed in a gravity filtration system will need to be changed too. The good news is that although not all gravity filters can easily be replaced, yet there few gravity filtration system whose replacement process is simple, and the best news is you can do it by yourself. So when choosing one make sure it is easily replaced. You should also keep in mind the rate at which the gravity filters will need to be changed. There are some of the gravity filtration systems whose filters can last up to 12 months. To avoid a lot of problems, you should also consider a gravity filtration system whose cartridges are self-sterilizing. This is because these they are best at preventing the growth of bacteria on the elements inside the filtration system.
- The quantity you need –if you want to be on the safer side, do not forget to consider the amount of water you need to be filtered. This can be best calculated by considering your consumption rate at the moment. If you are kind of skeptical about the amount you will need especially when traveling, then it’s best to get a bigger size filtration system. If the gravity filtration system you want is for home use, then the number of people in the house will help you to estimate the size of a gravity filter that is best.
- Propur Big with 2 ProOne G2.0 7″ Filter Elements
The fifth in our list of the top five best gravity filters in 2019 is Propur Big. This gravity filtration system is best for an emergency preparedness plan for both you and your family. It is economical, easy and convenient to use. One of the best things about this gravity filtration system system is it requires no electricity to provide reliable filtration just about anywhere whether at home, vacation, camping, office or college dormitory. Recommended for 2 to 4 people
- 2.75 gallon-capacity
- Standard number of filters; 2 Maximum number of filters; 3
- Height: 21.5inch Diameter: 9.25inch
- High-quality polished or optional brushed stainless-steel Embossed Propur Logo
This gravity filtration system works with just about any water source including tap, river, lake, pond, stream, and rainwater. Potential for emergency or even daily use. Every container is made from one piece of high-quality polished or brushed(optional finish) stainless steel for lasting durability and attractive appearance. The gravity system is equipped with two Pro-One G2.0 7inch All-In-One contaminants and fluoride filter elements and can be expanded up to three filters.
- Alexapure Pro Stainless Steel Water Filtration System – 5,000 Gallon Throughput Capacity
This gravity filtration system comes fourth on our list today. For revolutionary gravity filtration, affordable for every home the Alexapure Pro is revolutionizing the way people are looking at their drinking water. It highly out-performs most existing home gravity filtration systems in filtration power and even filtration capacity. This makes the Alexapure Pro filter the best choice for quality gravity filtration, both for everyday home use and also during an emergency.
- Removes up to 99.99% of 200plus impurities, including bacteria, lead, cysts, viruses, chlorine, TCP, fluoride and E. coli
- Ground-breaking gravity block core filtration with hybrid ceramic shell
- Pour unfiltered water in, and get sparkling clean drinking water out; Performance of gravity filtration may differ due to the source conditions, turbidity and seasonal conditions
- Gravity fed filtration runs without electricity, thus making it best for emergencies
- Having a raw water capacity; 8.5 liters (2.25 gallons) and filtration capacity: 8.5 liters (2.25 gallons)
The Alexapure’s family of products brings you the absolute best gravity water filtration available on the market, whether at home, on the trail or even in an emergency. Get the best ground-breaking gravity filtration technology of the Alexapure Pro today and never worry about the safety of your drinking water again.
- Berkey BT2X2-BB Travel Stainless-Steel Water Filtration System with 2 Black Filter Elements
This super powerful system comes in third place in our top five gravity filtration systems. It purifies both treated and untreated raw water from such sources as remote streams, lakes, ponds, stagnant and other questionable supplies in foreign countries, where the regulations may be substandard at best. The best for the outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available. The Travel Berkey system removes cysts, pathogenic bacteria, and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, VOCs, radon 222, organic solvents and trihalomethanes.
- Can purify up to 2.75 gallons per hour.
- Have filtration life; Up to 3,000 gallons per every filter element
- Have a 1.5 Gallons holding capacity
- High-Grade 304 Stainless Steel
This gravity filtration system also best reduces nitrates and unhealthy minerals such as mercury and lead. This gravity filtration system is so robust it can even remove red food coloring without removing the best minerals your body needs.
- Emergency Survival Water Distiller and Gravity Filter Combination GRAVI-STIL(TM) Auto Fill Feature
This GRAVI-STIL (TM) comes second on our top five gravity filtration systems. With a non-electric feature, the Emergency Survival Distiller and Gravity Filter Combination The only non-electric emergency gravity distiller that can best be converted into an emergency distiller in just seconds. This system allows you to purify salt (Brackish) water, sea water or water from almost any source. Our distiller produces between 8 to 10 cups per hour as a distiller and generates half a gallon per hour as a gravity purifier. Other features are like;
- Non-electric distiller producing 8 to 10 Cups per every hour
- Gravity filter can provide up to 5 gallons per hour
- Can turn pure ocean water into clean drinking water
- Can make all water drinkable and sterile
- The gravity filter removes viruses, bacteria, protozoa, salt and heavy metals.
This gravity filtration system will best allow you to purify sea water, salt water and water from almost any kind of source. This distiller produces between up to 10 cups of water per every hour as a distiller and generates 1/2 gallon per hour as a gravity filter.
- IMP6X2-BB Imperial Berkey with 2 Black Filters and 2 Flouride Filters
The IMP6X2-BB Imperial Berkey comes on top of the list today; it is the best gravity water filter in 2019. Imperial Stainless Steel Containers 2 Black Berkey Filters and 2 Fluoride Filters are some of the best features of this gravity filter, other features include;
- Imperial Stainless Steel Containers (Upper, Lower and Lid), two Black Berkey Filters, 2 Fluoride Filters, 4-Hole Plugs, one spigot, and one set of easy assembly instructions
- Can hold 4.5 gallons of purified water while it can filter up to 5.5 gallons per hour (running with the 2-included filters)
- The Imperial is made with High-Grade (304) Stainless Steel and measures (10inch D x 27inch H)
- Each Black Berkey Filter Element has a life-span of 3 thousand gallons. That is an incredible 6 thousand gallons for a two-filter system.
- Each fluoride filter is attached to the stem of the Black Element, as a post filter, and can filter up to 1,000 gallons (3,785 liters)
So we can see that this is the best gravity water filter for both home and emergency use. With its easy set of instruction, anyone can easily install the gravity filtration system anywhere without any problem. If you have been searching for the best type of this gravity filtration system, then Imperial Berkey is the best answer to your search. Do not worry about the cost if your best health is worth more than the pennies you have, and as for this gravity system its worth every single penny it costs.